To Report a Lost or Stolen Passport

The following instructions apply to you if you have lost or someone has stolen your passport. In addition you must have been at least 16 years old when the passport was issued. If these requirements do not apply to you, please contact our office for further instructions.

Replacing a lost passport is very much like applying for a new passport. Except you will need to fill a DS 64  DS-64 Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport


  1. One completed pre-application for a new passport. The application can be completed by following this link.
  2. After receiving a new application from us do not sign it. You will sign later at the instruction of the Passport Agency Deputy
  3. A copy of the DS-11 and DS-64  DS-64 Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport to include with your Iratex order.
  4. Two passport type photos without eyewear. We recommend that you have these pictures taken by a facility familiar with passport photo requirements such as Walgreen’s, CVS, etc. As of January 1, 2005 the U.S. Passport Office requires both photos to be signed on the back by the applicant.
  5. Two signed Letters of Authorization for “IRATEX Passport & Visa” to collect the passport on your behalf. The release letter must be signed in BLUE INK and dated by the applicant. Please check the first two boxes and put IRATEX PASSPORT & VISA as Courier Company Name.
  6. Proof of US citizenship which may be one of the following:
    1. Original US issued birth certificate
    2. Original US Naturalization Document
    3. An expired US passport that was issued for 10 years


All of the above must be taken in person to an authorized Passport Acceptance Agent. For a list of a Passport Acceptance Facilities near you click here.

Please note that the Passport Agency Deputy is required to charge an execution fee for an of $25.00 and should be paid separately from the Passport Agency fees of $170.00 for Adult and $140.00 for Child.   The Passport Acceptance Agent Deputy will collect all of the above documents and place them into an envelope that will be sealed by the Deputy. Do not open this envelope once sealed as it will void your application. Inform the clerk you will forward the sealed envelope to a private service for processing.

Forward all of the above, along with the Iratex Release Form and Statement of Consent (download in sidebar) to Iratex for processing.