Expedite a First Time US Passport

The US Department of State requires the full names of the applicant’s parent(s) to be listed on all certified birth certificates to be considered as primary evidence of US citizenship for all passport applicants, regardless of age. Certified birth certificates missing this information will not be acceptable as evidence of citizenship. This is commonly referred to as the “Long Form Birth Certificate”.

A certified birth certificate has a registrar’s raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar’s signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note, short (abstract) versions of birth certificates are not acceptable for passport purposes.


  1. One completed pre-application for a new passport. The application can be completed by following this link.
  2. After receiving a new application from us do not sign it. You will sign later at the instruction of the Passport Agency Deputy
  3. One passport type photos without eyewear. We recommend that you have these pictures taken by a facility familiar with passport photo requirements such as Walgreen’s, CVS, etc.
  4. One letter of authorization originally signed (LOA)  Letter of Authorization – 2021-09-08  SIGNED IN BLACK INK  to collect the passport on your behalf. Please check boxes 1 and 2. Otherwise, we will be unable to do anything other than submit your application. The applicant or Parent for minors, must fill in all blank fields. Put IRATEX on the line for courier company name. For Minor Children: Both parents listed on the birth certificate, as well as the minor child, must be present when going before the government officer at the Post Office or Court House. If one parent cannot be there, an originally signed and notarized parental consent form  Parental Consent form 2019   with a copy of the front and back of driver’s license or passport is required.
  5. Proof of US citizenship which may be one of the following:
    1. Original US issued birth certificate
    2. Original US Naturalization Document
    3. An expired US passport that was issued for 10 years
  6. Make your check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State for a PASSPORT BOOK Adult: $209.53 Child under 16 $179.53  and $35.00 to the U.S. Postal Service or County Court House where you apply. If you apply for both a passport and a passport card an additional $30.00 government fee will apply. This will be 2 separate services.
  7. PASSPORT CARD GOVT FEE: If you are only applying for a passport card, the government fees are $90.00 made out to the US Department of State. $35.00 to the US Postal Service or County Court House where you apply.
  8. Proof Of Identity: You must show the acceptance agent your valid driver’s license.
  9. Proof Of Departure: Copy of airline tickets OR flight itinerary OR Company letter  Addressed to the U.S. Department of State.

a. Have full name of Applicant b. Correct date of departure c. Country you are traveling to, and duration of stay d. This letter must be on letterhead and signed by someone other than the applicant e. For Passport Card Only : A letter signed by you and addressed to the US Department of State specifying your date of departure, your mode of transportation and destination.


All of the above must be taken in person to an authorized Passport Acceptance Agent. For a list of a Passport Acceptance Facilities near you click here.

Please note that the Passport Agency Deputy is required to charge an execution fee of $35.00 and should be paid separately from the Passport Agency fees

When applying with the Acceptance agent, make a copy of every document to be sealed in envelope by the Acceptance Agent. Place the copies into the overnight envelope shipped to us along with the envelope sealed by the Acceptance Agent. If not in this order the documents will be returned at your expense and can cause delays.

The Passport Acceptance Agent Deputy will collect all of the above documents and place them into an envelope that will be sealed by the Deputy. Do not open this envelope once sealed as it will void your application. Inform the clerk you will forward the sealed envelope to a private service for processing.

Forward all of the above, along with the Iratex Release Form  (download in sidebar) to Iratex for processing.