Tourist or Business Travel
All applicants must appear in person at the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Angola to apply and have their fingerprints taken.
- Valid Passport, must have at least 6 months remaining validity
- Visa Required for Stay up to 30 days
- 2 Visa Application Forms Angola Visa Application Houston, completed with original signature on both..
- 2 Passport-type photographs Passport photograph , print name on reverse
- Copy of round trip airline tickets or itinerary
- International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever Required if arriving from an infected area within 5 Days.
- Letter of invitation from Host in Angola faxed directly to the Consulate at 713-212-3841 by the inviting company in Angola. The letter of invitation must have the stamp of the inviting company and the Angolan Ministry of Petroleum (Provide copy if possible)
- Proof of sufficient funds for support ($100 USD. per day)
- Copy of a recent bank statement for tourist travel, or…
- Letter of guarantee from employer for business travel.
In addition to the standard Iratex fees, the following consular fees apply:
Your application will be checked and hand carried to the Embassy, and is usually processed in 3-4 business days at the Consulate. Non-US Citizens may take longer to process.
The visa is usually valid for a single entry within 90 days of the issue date, for stay of up to 90 days.
The Embassy of Angola advises travelers of the following: “The Consular Office of the Embassy of Angola has the right to request additional documents if necessary.”
Passport must have at least six months remaining validity and contain at least one blank visa page for visa to be issued. Iratex can assist with obtaining US Passports. We can help with new issues, renewals, and obtaining additional visa pages for a valid passport.
Non-US citizens must submit a copy of Green Card or valid visa stamped in passport with the original I-94 card.
Special requirements exist for US Official and Diplomatic passport holders.
The Consular Section of the Embassy of Angola in US-Washington, D.C., provides assistance and services to Angolan citizens living in the area of its jurisdiction as well as visa services for all Americans and Foreign citizens residing in the U.S.
The consular service in Washington-DC is headed by Mr. Manuel Francisco Lourenço, who is the First Secretary. Varieties of services are provided for the Angolan citizens, such as issuance and renovation of a national passport, notary and legalization services and birth certificates. The Consular Section is also available to answer any questions/concerns.
ADDRESS AND BUSINESS HOURS
The Consular Section of the Embassy of Republic of Angola in Washington, D.C., is open to the public
Monday through Friday, from 9:30 am to 3:00 p.m.
Monday and Wednesdays from 09:30 am to 1:00 pm. drop off days only.
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:00 pm, to 3:00 pm, pick-up days only.
Friday: Closed to the Public
Friday we do not open for the public in general unless, it is an emergency that had been previously notified by Head of the Consular Section of this Diplomatic Mission. The Angolan Community may contact the Section for business.
For emergency, Angolan citizens may visit the Consular Section of the Embassy at any time during business hours, or contact the Head of the Consular Section at (202) 285-0999, after hours.
The Consular Section is located at the following address:
2100-2108 16th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20009
Tel.: (202) 452-1042
Fax: (202) 452-1043
In addition to it, in case of an emergency, we can also be reached through the following number. At this (202) 875-1156
If you have just arrived in the USA, you may register with the Consular Section at the Embassy by filling out the Consular Registration Form (Consular Registration Form). The Consular Registration process is free of charge. We kindly request those who have already registered to encourage their friends and relatives to do the same.
For additional information in the United States, please call the Consular Section at:
(202) 785 1156, or Fax: ( 202) 822-9049.
Consulate General of Angola in Houston
3040 Post Oak Blvd, Suite 780
Houston, Texas, 77056
Consulate General of Angola in New York
866 United Nations Plaza
East 48th Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY, 10017