US citizens do not need a visa for tourist or business travel to this country for stays up to 90 days. Any US citizen who wishes to travel to Austria for any purpose other than tourism or business negotiations (e.g. work, study, adoption, immigration, or stays longer than stipulated in the entry requirements) should contact our office.
- Fully completed and signed Austria Visa Application
- Valid Passport with at least 6 months remaining validity and one blank visa page
- Two (2) Passport photographs
- Notarized copy of US Alien Registration Card (Green Card) (Both sides) or Original I-94 card or I-20 & Valid US Visa (if applicable)
- Copy of round trip airline tickets or confirmed itinerary showing exact dates of round trip travel and receipt for payment of ticket.
- Confirmed hotel reservation or confirmation of tour If visiting relatives or friends, official notarized invitation form must be submitted
- Proof of sufficient funds for support (i.e. copy of recent bank statement)
- Letter from employer confirming leave, and that your job will be waiting for you upon your return to the United States
- Proof of international medical health insurance coverage of at least US$25,000.
- Visas for all destinations after Austria must be issued
- Letter from employer confirming purpose of travel and guaranteeing financial support for the visit and that you are in possession of international medical health insurance.
- Notarized official invitation from the host company in Austria. Processing Time: Approx. 5 Business Days, varies by nationality
CONSULAR SECTION, EMBASSY OF AUSTRIA, WASHINGTON, D.C.
3524 International Court, NW
Washington, D.C. 20008
Consulate Office Hours:
Monday through Friday, 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. (except Austrian and U.S. holidays)
Tel.: (202) 895.6720
Fax: (202) 895.6773
Mr. Josef Prelec, Consul General
Meet the Consul
Alabama| Arkansas | Delaware | District of Columbia | Florida | Georgia | Kansas | Louisiana | Maryland | Mississippi | Missouri | North Carolina | Oklahoma | Puerto Rico | South Carolina | Tennessee | Texas | Virginia | West Virginia | U.S. Virgin Islands | Commonwealth of the Bahamas