Tourist or Business Visa
US citizens do not need a visa for tourist or business travel to this country, but a valid US Passport is required.
Any US citizen who wishes to travel to Botswana for any purpose other than tourism or business negotiations (e.g. work, study, adoption, immigration, or stays longer than the stipulated 3 months in the entry requirements) should contact the embassy or nearest consulate directly. Malaria Shots are advised.
Non US Citizens
A valid, signed US passport. The passport must have at least 6 months remaining after the completion of your stay in Bolivia, and contain at least one blank visa page.
- Fully completed and signed Visa Application.
- Passport photograph
- A business letter of introduction and financial responsibility is required to be typed on your company letterhead and addressed to: Embassy of Botswana, Visa Section, Washington, DC. This letter must be signed by a company officer other than the traveler, and should:
- state the nature of business to be performed;
- include the name and address of the company to be visited;
- guarantee sufficient financial support during visit; and
- guarantee return transportation to the US for the applicant.
- Malaria Shots are advised.