****11-01-2019 NEW CHINA VISA APPLICATION ****
Important Notice For U. s. Citizens
As of November 11, 2014, the Visa Office of the Chinese Embassy will begin accepting 10-year multiple entries visa application for tourist(L)/ business(M)/ short-term vsit to the relatives (Q2)/ private matters(S2) purposes and 5-year multiple entries visa application for study(1) purpose. The requirements are the same as before, the passport submitted should be valid for at least 1 year to obtain Maximum Validity.
The following is a list of the Nationalities who must appear in person at their corresponding jurisdictional Consulate . YOU MUST GO TO THE CHINA CONSULATE FOR A PERSONAL INTERVIEW . IF YOU ARE GOING TO THE CONSULATE FOR A PERSONAL INTERVIEW PLEASE TAKE WITH YOU A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND RECORD, A RECENT BANK STATEMENT AND A LETTER FROM YOUR EMPLOYER OF YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT. THESE ARE REQUIRED IN ADDITION TO ALL THE OTHER REQUIREMENTS LISTED TO OBTAIN A VISA. DO TO THIS REQUIREMENT WE CANNOT SUBMIT YOUR VISA APPLICATION.
EGYPT, GHANA, MONGOLIA, IRAN, PAKISTAN, NIGERIA, BANGLADESH, CAMEROON, CONGO, FRENCH, TURKEY, TAIWAN
We can pickup your Visa from the consulate once completed.
HERE ARE THE CHANGES EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY FOR CANADIAN PASSPORT HOLDERS
The longest duration is a 10-year visa depending on passport validity
Example: passport has EXACTLY 12 months validity = visa will be for 6 months and 60-days stay
Example: passport has EXACTLY 13 months validity = visa will be for 12 months and 30-days stay
Example: passport has EXACTLY 63 months validity = visa will be for 60 months and 60-days stay
In addition to the standard Iratex fees, the following consular fees apply: CANADIAN PASSPORT HOLDERS FEES:
Regular 4-5 days at the consulate $80.00
Rush – 2 days at the consulate $100.00
Urgent – Same day issue at the consulate $110.00
- A valid, signed US passport. All passports need to have at least 12 months validity remaining after the completion of your stay in China, and contain at least one blank visa page. less than 12 months will be rejected.
2 . Fully completed and signed TYPED IN ALL CAPS with N/A’S in every blank field China Visa App November 2019 Houston-LA (FOUR PAGES!!!!) TYPED IN BLOCK LETTERS. Hand written forms will not be accepted. You must have NA’s in every single blank area you can tab to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2-6-2015 NEW FOR Question 1.23 on the Visa Application – Major Family Members You must list YOUR MOTHER OR YOUR FATHER even if they are Deceased. Their occupation will be deceased. If only 1 parent is on your birth certificate, please provide a copy of the birth certificate to show the consulate.
3. Passport photograph. **FOR DC JURISDICTION 2 PHOTOS ARE REQUIRED**
4. For non-US citizens – Fully completed and signed TYPED IN ALL CAPS with N/A’S in every blank field supplementary form is required. China Non-US Citizen supplimentary form
If you don’t have a US passport please include a copy of your green card Front and back or US visa and I-94
5. If you have traveled to China in the last 2 years, a copy of your last visa and a copy of the entry stamp in your passport is required.
6. Copy of Driver’s License or State ID showing current home address
7. Flight Itinerary
8. Tourist (” L ” Visa) One of the following documents is required :
–An Invitation Letter for Tourist Group or Invitation for Tourist by a Duly Authorized Tourism Unit.
– An Invitation Letter issued by companies, corporations, institutions and individuals in China. If the invitation letter is issued by an individual in China, the photocopy of the ID of the individual is required.
9. China Job Description Form . China visa additional form (1)
- For minor children: Both parents must sign the application and copies of the child’s birth certificate as well as copies of the signature page of each parent’s passport must be provided. Applications for minors you provide copies of both parents (if listed on the birth certificate) Driver’s license and passport copy. If they DO NOT have passports, then they must provide a statement saying the same.
- A valid, signed US passport. All passports need to have at least 12 months validity remaining after the completion of your stay in China, and contain at least one blank visa page, less than 12 months will be rejected.
- Fully completed and signed TYPED IN ALL CAPS with N/A’S in every blank field China Visa App November 2019 Houston-LA
- Fully completed and signed TYPED IN ALL CAPS with N/A’S in every blank field China Non-US Citizen supplementary form
- 2-6-2015 NEW FOR Question 1.23 on the Visa Application – Major Family Members You must list YOUR MOTHER OR YOUR FATHER even if they are Deceased. Their occupation will be deceased. If only 1 parent is on your birth certificate, please provide a copy of the birth certificate to show the consulate.
- Passport photograph **FOR DC JURISDICTION 2 PHOTOS ARE REQUIRED**
- If you don’t have a US passport please include a copy of your green card front and back or US visa and I-94
- Copy of Driver’s License or State ID showing current home address
- Business Visa (” F” visa) One of the following documents is required: An Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit or Confirmation Letter of Invitation Issued by an authorized Chinese agency.
An invitation letter issued by the Chinese local governments, companies, corporations and institutions other than above –mentioned Chinese agency. The invitation letter shall include the following items (A) Personal information of the invitee: name, gender, date of birth, etc. (B) Information concerning the invitee’s visit to China: purpose of visit, date of arrival and leaving, place to visit, relationship between the invitee and the inviter, and who will bear the cost of the invitee’s accommodations in China (C)Information of the inviter: name of the unit, phone number, address, seal and signature of the legal representative.
* Generally, the invitation letter may be submitted as a fax, copy or printout. If necessary, the consular officer will ask the applicant to submit the original invitation letter, or to provide some supporting and supplementary documents, or schedule an interview.
The application with any fake invitation letter or other fraud will be rejected.
10. A Business letter of introduction and financial responsibility is required to be typed on your company letterhead and addressed to: Consulate of The Peoples Republic of China USA, Visa Section, This letter must be signed by a company officer other than the traveler, and should:
- state the nature of business to be performed;
- include the name and address of the company to be visited;
- guarantee sufficient financial support during visit; and
- guarantee return transportation to the US for the applicant.
11. If you have traveled to China in the last 2 years, a copy of your last visa and a copy of the entry stamp in your passport is required.
12.China Job Description Form . Please download and complete this form China visa additional form (1)
Houston Consulate processing time is 5 business days at the Consulate.
In addition to the standard Iratex fees, the following consular fees apply:
Visas can be obtained on the fourth business day.
|Number of Entry||U.S. Citizens||Citizens of Third Countries|
|Multiple Entries for 6 Months||$140||$60|
|Multiple Entries for 12 Months or more||$140||$90|
Note: Visa fees for certain third countries may vary from the list above based on reciprocal agreements.
Visa Office of the Chinese Embassy in Washington DC
Address: 2201 Wisconsin Avenue, N.W. Suite 110, Washington, D.C. 20007
Telephone: (202) 337-1956
Fax: (202) 588-9760
9:30 am—-2:30 pm
Monday—-Friday (Excluding Holidays)
Houston Consulate Information