Any US citizen who wishes to travel to Denmark for any purpose other than tourism or business negotiations (e.g. work, study, adoption, immigration, or stays longer than the stipulated 90 days in the entry requirements) should contact our office.
Denmark requires you to apply in person. Please contact the consulate or embassy in your jurisdiction.
Tourist or Business Visa
- A valid, signed US passport. The passport must have at least 6 months remaining after the completion of your stay in Denmark, and contain at least one blank visa page.
- Two (2) fully completed, signed and notarized Visa Applications
- Notarized supplemental form
- US Alien Registration Card (Original) or valid US visa with Original I-94 card
- Two (2) passport photographs
- Copy of flight itinerary and valid visa for the country of next destination after Denmark if applicable
- Proof establishing the purpose of your trip, for example, a letter of invitation. The letter of invitation should be addressed to you and include:the length of your stay, the name, address, telephone number and signature of the person inviting you. If the purpose of your trip is business, please present an invitation from your business reference on company letterhead. E-mail invitations are not accepted. Multiple entries must be specifically requested on this letter or you will get only a single entry.
- Company letter of financial responsibility business letter of introduction and financial responsibility stating the purpose of the trip, the dates of your stay and that you are in possession of international medical health insurance. If a multiple entry visa is desired, your letter must request this. (i.e. 1 year multiple entry, 30 day multiple entry.)
In addition to the standard Iratex fees, the following consular fees apply:
|Airport Transit||$43.00 per visa|
|Transit||$43.00 per visa|
|Very Short Stay (1-30 Days)||$43.00 per visa|
|Short Stay (30-90 Days)||$43.00 per visa|
|Short Stay (30-90 Days) – Two or More Entries||$43.00 per visa|
|Multiple Entry for 1 Year||$43.00 per visa|
Iratex will hand carry your application to the Consulate. The visa is usually processed in 4 working days at the Consulate for single entry and 7-10 working days for multiple entries. Some nationalities may take as long as 4-6 weeks for an approval..
The visa officer may request additional documents at any time.
Regarding The Schengen Area
Travelers to Europe on business or tourism purposes may receive a visa for a short stay of one to ninety days, valid for all of the Schengen area countries. A Schengen visa issued by an embassy or consulate allows the holder to travel freely to all of these countries.
If you wish to visit only one Schengen country, you must apply through the embassy or consulate of that particular country.
If you wish to visit several Schengen countries, you must apply for a visa through the embassy or consulate of the country which is your main destination.
If you wish to visit several countries but do not have a main destination, you should apply for a visa at the embassy or consulate of the country which is your first point of entry.
If you do not need a visa for the Schengen country which is your main destination or first point of entry, please note that you may require a visa for other Schengen countries you wish to visit. You should then apply through the embassy or consulate of the first country which does require a visa.