There is in effect a Law regarding tourist visas for entering the Republic of Panama; EXECUTIVE DECREE # 591 states that:
“Those who hold a valid passport with a 3 months validity left and a multiple entry visa with a remaining one year validity from ONE of the following countries: USA, Australia, Canada, or United Kingdom, which has been used at least one time to enter these countries, may enter the Republic of Panama regardless of their nationality”
For more clarification you will qualify for this decree if you comply with all of these requirements:
- Have a valid passport with a minimum of three months of validity left.
- Have a multiple entry visa with a remaining one year validity from ONE of these countries: USA, Australia, Canada, or United Kingdom.
- You must have used this visa to enter the country. For example, if you have a United States Visa, you must have entered the U.S. with that visa in order to qualify for the waiver.
- Immigration officials are accepting as valid the entrance of the holders of a United States permanent resident card under this law.
- You must also show proof of economic solvency for a minimum of US $500.00 upon entry.
NOTE: Please make sure you have a minimum of three months of validity left on your passport and a round trip ticket.
The maximum amount of time that you can stay in Panama is six months. If you want to stay longer than six months, you may extend your visa with the Offices of Immigration in Panama.
For further information please access the following link which contains a copy of the law decree :
No Visa Requirement
|Germany||Cape Verde||Greece||Malaysia||Poland||St. Vincent and the Grenadines|
|AngolaAntigua and Barbuda||CanadaChile||GuyanaHonduras||MaltaMarshall Islands||QatarRomania||SwitzerlandTaiwan|
|Armenia||Comoros/Comoros Islands||Iceland||Mexico||Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic||Tonga|
|Australia||Costa Rica||Ireland||Micronesia||Saint Kitts and Nevis||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Bahamas||Cyprus||Italy||Monaco||Saint Thomas and Prince||Tuvalu|
|Barbados||Czech Republic||Jamaica||Mongolia||San Marino||Ukraine|
|Belgium||Denmark||Japan||Montenegro||Samoa||United Arab Emirates|
|Belize||Dominica||Kenya||Namibia||Saudi Arabia||United Kingdom|
|Bhutan||Ecuador||Kiribati||Nauru||Serbia||United States of America|
|British National Overseas (BNO)||Estonia||Kuwait||New Zealand||Singapore||Vanuatu|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Finland||Liechtenstein||Norway||Slovenia||Venezuela|
|Brazil||Gabon||Luxembourg||Papua New Guinea||South Africa|
|Afghanistan||Egypt||Ivory Coast||Mozambique||Sierra Leone||Yemen|
|Burundi||India||Libya||People’s Republic of China||Tunisia|
|Chad||Indonesia||Mali||People’s Republic of Korea||Turkmenistan|
|Democratic Republic of the Congo||Iran||Mauritania||Rwanda||Uganda|
Please be advised: for authorized visas, the approval process may take up to 60 business days, depending on the verification and completion of your documents. Do not finalize your travel arrangements until your visa has been granted. All the submitted documents must be notarized by a Public Notary in the United States prior to being sent to our offices. You must send the following requirements:
- A valid, signed US passport. The passport must have at least 6 months remaining after the completion of your stay in Panama.
- Fully completed and signed Panama Visa Application 2017
- Three Photographs (size: 2×2, with white background)
- Copies of all the pages of your passport.
- Copies of all the pages of your passport.
- Copies of any other form of valid I.D. you have issued either by your home country or the country where you reside.
- Proof of economic solvency during stay, (No less than USD$500.00) This can be verified with one or more of the following: Certified bank checks with applicant’s name, Travelers check with applicant’s name., Applicant bank statements from previous three months, Applicant credit card with statements from previous three months, Letter from employer that reflects your monthly wage.(must be translated to Spanish), Tax returns from previous fiscal year, Any other reasonable proof of income accepted by the National Service for Migration.
- Hotel reservation (if applicable)
- Flight reservation with itinerary of trip continuation or electronic ticket.
If someone is inviting you, you need to present a letter of invitation from that person translated to Spanish if necessary by an authorized public translator along with the following documents:
In addition to the standard Iratex fees, the following consular fees apply:
Certified check or money order for US$60.00 made out to **Consulate of Panama.
Panama Tourist visas are usually valid for a stay of up to 30 days. Application for extension of stay may be made to a Panamanian Immigration and Naturalization Office in Panama.