No visas are required for American citizens ( Holder of regular passports ) before arrival in the UAE and that includes US Citizens with visas or entry stamps from other countries in their passports but you need to be sure that you have the following:
- Original passport signed by the bearer, should not expire within six (6) months from the expected time of arrival in the UAE.
- Confirmed round-trip airline ticket or airline ticket to other destinations
Visas are available upon arrival at the airport and they are valid for one (1) month stay in the UAE. If you plan to stay longer, you can request more time from the immigration officer at the airport or contact the local immigration office in the UAE and request an extension.Emirates for up to 30 days.
Visa Requirements for Non-US Citizens (Tourist Passports)
- Original Passport ( Not a travel Document ), should not expire within six (6) months from the expected date of arrival in the UAE.
- Confirm round-trip airline ticket or airline ticket to other destination.
- If you are a citizen of one of the following countries: Andorra , Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco , New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom and Northern Ireland (Except the British ovrseas citizens) and Vatican.
Visas are available upon arrival to the UAE airports, This includes those who hold visas in their passports or entry stamps from other countries and visa is valid for one (1) month stay in the UAE. If you plan to stay longer, you may contact the local immigration office while you are in the UAE and request an extension.
If you are not one of the above nationalities:
Visit Visa sponsored by (The private sector, friends, family and relatives) You need to request for the visa Through Your Sponsor (Host) by sending a copy of your passport ( Not a travel Document ) and a copy of your immigration status in the USA (e.g., green card, J visa, F1 visa, etc.) to your sponsor (host) to process your visa from the local immigration office in UAE. This process will takes about four (4) working days. then, make sure to receive a copy of your visa by fax or Email from the sponsor (host) before your departure. Original visas will be collected at the airport in the United Arab Emirates on your arrival.
Tourist Visa The Embassy does not issue Tourist Visa, Hotels in the UAE can sponsor their clients and apply for their visas to come to UAE but be sure to get a copy of this visa from the hotel before traveling to the United Arab Emirates.
Transit Visa ( 96 hours ) The Embassy does not issue Transit Visa, You should contact the airline company that will fly you to the UAE and enquire from them about the possibility of traveling to the UAE without prior visa.
Business visitors will be issued a visa upon arrival for a stay in the United Arab Emirates for up to 30 days. Frequent business visitors may apply prior to travel for a ten-year multiple entry the following are required:
- Valid US Passport, signed, with at least 6 months remaining validity, and one blank visa page
- Two (2) fully completed and signed United Arab Emirates Application All applications must be typed.
- For Non-US Citizens, please include a Notarized copy of US Alien Registration Card (Green Card) (Both sides) or Original I-94 card or I-20 & Valid US Visa (if applicable)
- A copy of your passport and a copy of the application. (Please print in Color)
- Two (2) passport photographs
- The Particulars of Sponsor / Host in the UAE (UAE Government sectors) Residence Address in UAE ( e.g., Hotel, Family or friend’s house, etc.) Your sponsor in the United Arab Emirates must send a telex or fax to the United Arab Emirates Embassy in Washington, DC stating the name of the applicant, confirming the business trip company address and type of business.
- Your sponsor in the United Arab Emirates must send a telex or A business letter of introduction and financial responsibility is required to be typed on your company letterhead and addressed to: Embassy of the United Arab Emirates, Visa Section, Washington, DC. stating the name of the applicant, confirming the business trip company address and type of business. This letter must be signed by a company officer other than the traveler, and should: state the nature of business to be performed;
- include the name and address of the company to be visited;
- guarantee sufficient financial support during visit; and
- guarantee return transportation to the US for the applicant.
In addition to the standard Iratex fees
The following consular fees apply:
The appropriate fee for the visa you are seeking (money order only):
- Short stay visa (Single Entry): $150 non refundable (Valid for two (2) months, Maximum stay is 30 days).
- Long stay visa (Single Entry): $300 non refundable (Valid for two (2) months, Maximum stay is 90 days).
- Multiple visa: $600 non refundable (Valid for six (6) months from the date of issue. Maximum stay is fourteen (14) days for each entry).
Visas require prior approval from the UAE authorities, the length of the visa is subject to UAE authorities judgment and the Embassy requires a minimum of four (4) business days to issue the visa
For business travelers, a multiple entry visa valid for up to 10 years is available.
Transit visas may be issued at the airport valid for tourist or business stay of thirty days.